Serving Our South Minneapolis Neighborhood
The Minnehaha Food Shelf is open Tuesdays at Minnehaha United Methodist Church in South Minneapolis. We serve the area between the Crosstown and Lake Street, Cedar Avenue and the river. Each month we serve more than 500 men, women and children, and distribute approximately 30,000 pounds of food.
How to Find Us
The Minnehaha Food Shelf is located at Minnehaha United Methodist Church: 3701 East 50th Street, Minneapolis. Click right here to see a Google map.
Volunteer at the Food Shelf
If you have some free time on Tuesday mornings, consider volunteering your time at the Minnehaha Food Shelf. We can always use help to set up, check in visitors, or distribute food throughout the day.
Give to the Food Shelf
Your gift of non-perishable food items and/or money, will help us combat food insecurity in Minneapolis. Did you know:
• One in 10 Minnesotans--or more than 500,000 state residents--are food insecure on a regular basis
• 49 million Americans, including more than 13 million children, live in households that don't have consistent access to nutritious food
• 10% of Minnesota households are affected by hunger
• More than 5 million senior citizens 60 and older face hunger
We Work With Second Harvest Heartland
Second Harvest Heartland’s mission is to end hunger through community partnerships. Working closely with their network of partners, volunteers and donors and people like you, their aim is to efficiently and effectively end hunger. With close relationships, community ties and dedicated partners, we can beat hunger if we keep striving to:
• Provide nutritious and culturally diverse foods to people in need
• Advocate for local and national hunger relief programs and policies
• Educate people about nutrition and other foot-related issues